From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] cpufreqd-1.1.1 segmentation fault with hardened
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:41:40
1 > Compiling with CFLAGS="-nopie" did the trick, with that cpufreqd works.
2 > I just saw Ned Ludd's post on specific options to disable things,
3 > presumably -fno-pie is the same as -nopie?.. both work anyway.
4
5 -nopie is specific to the gentoo hardened gcc, but it should behave
6 as -fno-pie.
7
8 > Here's that gdb output, I take it I should include this in the bug
9 > report?
10
11 could you not strip your binaries/libraries and get the backtrace
12 again please? it's kinda hard to decipher anything from these addresses.
13 also, you could run cpufreqd from gdb itself ('run cpufreqd' or so)
14 and then get the backtrace/disassembly.
18 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list