From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: pageexec@××××××××.hu
Cc: Markus Dittrich <markus@×××××××.edu>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Success with 2.6.4-hardened
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:20:37
1 On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 19:05, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > > I had to *fix* some executables via chpax/paxctl, namely
3 >
4 > could you provide me with the PaX logs and what features you had
5 > to disable on these (some i know of already, some are new to me,
6 > hence the question)?
7 >
8 > as for xfree, are there plans to release a dlloader version with
9 > at least those drivers that are known to work (e.g., no nvidia)?
10
11 The xfree-4.3.0-r6 is in portage right now and that should include all
12 the needed patches (provided thanks to you) to work within the
13 framework. USE=pie should be the trigger. I gave it a try here and it
14 built the dlloader just fine and loaded (somewhat). It did not link as a
15 shared with CFLAGS/LDFLAGS but would probably work when pappy is ready
16 to put the pie-ssp patch into production. Till then if anybody(readers?)
17 has time to comb over the xfree Makefile's it would be cool if we could
18 add support so it would respect user supplied LDFLAGS on the final
19 executable.
23 > --
24 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
25 --