From: Mike Bailey <mike.bailey@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] LiveCD install oddity
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:00:32
1 I can reproduce it in Vmware as well as a generic PC hardware. I've tried
2 it with -nofb with no success. I did turn off the screen blanking and the
3 last line that prints refers to applying the Ncurses5.4 patch. I can only
4 assume it finished "ok" because I can work through a reboot and continue
5 with a successful install.
6
7 The vmware box is a dell d600 (centrino) the generic hardware was also a
8 centrino processor. I'll have check on the video for both and more complete
9 details later tonight.
10
11 I'd tried running the 2.6 bootstrap from the notstages livecd but it died
12 with gcclib emerge errors. I'll try a regular one to test but most are
13 saying 2.6 works fine I think.
14
15 --Mike
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list