From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] JIT problem with LLVM while running paraview
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:50:09
1 I've tried to use paraview recently. I've compiled the qt4 GUI.
2 Upon executing the binary, I get this error:
3 LLVM ERROR: Allocation failed when allocating new memory in the JIT
4 The binary terminates at the very beginning. I cannot even see the GUI.
5 I'm using a paraview ebuild from the science overlay. There are no JIT
6 related use flags or options.
7 However I've also checked the llvm ebuild, and that has a pax-marking
8 section, but only if test USE flag is enabled. Some test files gets marked
9 in that case.
10 LLVM has a separate option to enable or disable jit during the configure
11 phase.
12
13 My question is related to the proper way of handling this error.
14 Whether I should look for some parts of paraview to pax-mark?
15 Whether I should try to disable JIT in LLVM?
16 I also see according to equery, that some parts of mesa depends on LLVM
17 (I'm using radeon). Is it possible, that I hurt mesa by disabling LLVM
18 JIT?
19
20 Thanks for any suggestions:
21 Dwokfur
22 --
23 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
24 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057