From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Stopping libselinux being linked
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:02:22
1 On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 03:32:10PM -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >
4 >> The problem is that even though the selinux USE flag isn't exabled,
5 >> packages
6 >> like coreutils are still linking into libselinux. So if I remove
7 >> libselinux
8 >> and all the selinux related packages, it breaks a whole load of binaries
9 >> on
10 >> the system, so much so that I can't recompile packages afterwards.
11 >
12 > Once you switch to a non-SELinux profile you still need to rebuild the
13 > packages that used the library. Building them without the selinux USE flag
14 > will prevent them from linking to the library. Once they're all rebuilt,
15 > then you can remove the SELinux userland stuff.
16
17 But I've already rebuilt the packages, like coreutils, yet ldd on /bin/mv
18 still shows libselinux linked in.
19
20 > To easily get this list of packages you have multiple options. The easiest
21 > way is to use revdep-rebuild with the --library option, but last time I
22 > checked revdep-rebuild crashed when you supplied a library. Alternately,
23 > you could run emerge with the --newuse flag, which will pick up any
24 > packages that used to have the selinux USE flag and now don't. Of course,
25 > if you want to be extra safe, just rebuild everything:
26
27 I'll have a go with revdep-rebuild.
28
29 Thanks