From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:01:11
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I want to patch hardened-sources to make them really hardened, because it's
4 ROFL shit.
5 Just kidding... sorry.
6
7 Seriously, I would like to patch hardened-sources with just one patch.
8 I want to make it clean, so I think I would :
9 cp sys-kernel/hardened-sources to /usr/local/portage/ and set this dir as my
10 portage overlay in /etc/make.conf.
11 cp latest hardened-sources ebuild, in my portage overlay, and modify it so
12 that its name as a more recent -r number, and that it'll apply my patch.
13
14 The problem is that I'm new to ebuild. I get the philosophy globally, but I
15 noticed by reading an hardened-sources ebuild that it's different.
16 How can I proceed to just tell by ebuild to add a patch to the kernel ?
17
18 Many thanks in advance for all your wisdom.
21 Pierre.
22 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
23 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
24 Bill Watterson