From: bbruce <bbruce@×××××.com>
To: "Kevin F. Quinn" <ml@××××××××.com>
Cc: bbruce@×××××.com, "gentoo-hardened@l.g.o" <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] xorg/nv woes
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:09:05
1 Kev,
2
3 Thanks for the info. It is exactly what I was looking for. I'm
4 attempting 6.8.0-r4 now and will post my results.
5
6 Brian.
9 On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 04:16, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
10 > B.G. Bruce (bbruce@×××××.com) wrote:
11 >
12 > > Has anyone had success with xorg-6.8.0-r3 and the nv drivers? If so,
13 > > how? I've followed the instructions from
14 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/hardenedxorg.xml, but still can't
15 > > get it to work.
16 >
17 > -r3 is known not to work with hardened GCC, unless you use static. There is a fix for this is in -r4, which is currently masked because it makes significant changes to various paths.
18 >
19 > The fix compiles pretty much everything with '-nonow', which removes the defaulted "-z now" added by the hardened GCC specs, and allows xorg to work properly with dlloader (but not elfloader, which is unlikely to ever be "fixed").
20 >
21 > Kev.
25 > --
26 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list