From: Stefan SF <stefan@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux disabled? won't start
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:17:19
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've tried to set up a SELinux-Server, upgrading from a normal Gentoo-Installation.
4 I followed the guide through the QuickInstall
5 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-quickstart.xml
6
7 After rebooting I get this messages, which shouldn't be the problem (-> FAQ):
8
9 Security Scaffold v1.0.0 initialized
10 SELinux: Initializing.
11 SELinux: Starting in permissive mode
12 There is already a security framework initialized, register_security failed.
13 selinux_register_security: Registering secondary module capability
14 Capability LSM initialized as secondary
17 After logging in and relabeling after the first reboot, I reboot a second time.
18 After logging I run the program sestatus -v and get the following output:
19
20 SELinux status: disabled
21
22 What did I wrong? I followed exactly the instructions ins the Quickinstall-Guide! I did twice. Followed, followed and followed, recompiled the kernel (hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7-r7) and searched google all the time. But I didn't found the problem.
23 Maybe you now something? It would be great ;-)
24
25 cu, Stefan