From: "René Rhéaume" <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] removing .text relocations from mplayer and xine-lib
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:27:33
1 Where is the patch that removes .text relocations from mplayer and
2 xine-lib? Solar said on IRC that was one lying around somewhere. I
3 searched on Gentoo Bugzilla and on the Web with Google and I did not
4 find it.
5
6 Why? This is what I get from /usr/bin/xine (part of xine-ui)
7 This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
8 (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
9 Can't modify /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/post/xineplug_post_planar.so's
10 text section. Use GCC option -fPIC for shared objects, please.
11
12 Hmm, there is already a PIC patch applied to xine-lib.
15 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list