From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy live ebuilds
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:02:45
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I've pushed out live ebuilds for the SELinux policies to the hardened-dev
4 overlay. They will pull the policies from the git repository that I develop
5 the policies in [1]. This allows some users to get the most recent changes
6 if they can't wait for the ebuilds themselves.
7
8 Note however that, if you use this, you will need to update your policies
9 using the following command:
10
11 ~# emerge selinux-base selinux-base-policy; emerge $(qlist -IC sec-policy)
12
13 This because the dependencies for the modules are always resolved (they all
14 refer to -9999 which is then always satisfied) so we need to pull them in
15 explicitly. We first install the base ones (to make sure the interfaces are
16 properly stored on the file system and the core modules are loaded) and then
17 all installed modules (this will pull the base/base-policy in again but that
18 shouldn't hurt).
19
20 The overlay also contains an update for the eclass to support live ebuilds
21 for the SELinux policy modules, but it looks like overlays automatically
22 take precendence for eclasses as well.
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen
26