From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Gnash and aslr-fix
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:02:41
1 On 02/26/2012 05:44 AM, PaX Team wrote:
2 > On 26 Feb 2012 at 11:01, Christian Apeltauer wrote:
3 >
4 >>> while the patch looks good me, can't you simply configure gnash to
5 >>> not use the embedded jemalloc copy but the systemwide one (which was
6 >>> fixed 2 years ago or so)?
7 >>
8 >> I added --disable-jemalloc to $myconf and gnash worked without the
9 >> patch.
10 >
11 > you should probably open a bug about and let the maintainers fix the ebuild for everyone ;).
14 I don't mind discussing bugs on the list, but I strongly encourage
15 people to open up bug reports because emails come and go, but reports in
16 bugzilla are organized in a way that makes it convenient for devs to
17 know what needs to be done next. When my bugs get into the dozens,
18 there's no way I can fish through emails to find stuff.
19
20 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bugzilla-howto.xml
23 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
24 Chair of Information Technology