From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Alexandre Clavaud <Alexandre.Clavaud@××××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Oracle 10g on hardened gentoo with pax, grsecurity
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:29:51
1 On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Alexandre Clavaud wrote:
2
3 > I try to install Oracle 10g on a hardened gentoo 2.6.7-r10, with pax and grsecurity enabled.
4 > I managed to launch the installation, but I've got an error when linkings applications like sqlplus:
5 > /opt/oracle/product/10.1.0.3/lib/libclntsh.sh : undefined reference to '__stack_smash_handler
6 >
7 > I know this is a pb with the stack-protector but I don't know how to resolve it .... Any flags missing, any library needed ?
8 >
9 > RMQ: Installation is not done using emerge but with the Oracle installation kit.
10
11 What is the link command? Any -nostdlib/nostartfiles in it?
12
13 If you have standard hardened gentoo setup, libc carries
14 __stack_smash_handler, else if you have built gcc "by hand" then you
15 have it in libgcc, check which lib has __stack_smash_handler (strings
16 /lib/libc.so.x | grep __stack) and add that to link command (for libc add
17 -lc)
18
19 I do not know if there is an Oracle ebuild, if yes, you could inspire
20 yourself from there too.
21
22 Peter
25 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
26 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
30 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list