From: Jens Kasten <jens@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] The status of grsecurity upstream and hardened-sources downstream
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 01:51:23
1 Am 24.07.2017 18:46, schrieb Cor Legemaat:
2 > On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 19:09 +0200, Javier Juan Martinez Cabezon wrote:
3 >> Have you thought in use other alternative apart grsec as kernel side
4 >> solution?, PaX is PaX, its a great loss, but rsbac and selinux has
5 >> their
6 >> w or x, almost all cpu today has NX bit and reduce the needings of
7 >> PageExec/SegmExec, and I think that exists some gcc plugins with PaX
8 >> alike functions.
9 >>
10 >> rsbac has their git public and selinux is in vanilla. Maybe you could
11 >> consider to use rsbac git kernel as hardened-sources new kerneland
12 >> solution but I have not tested selinux under this kernel
13 >>
14 >> Under rsbac pax userland is not needed, MPROTECT controls it and can
15 >> be
16 >> switched individually in kernel land because it is something like a
17 >> request under rsbac. Not all functions of PaX, but good enough in my
18 >> opinion
19 >>