From: wraeth <wraeth@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux on Desktop Profile
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:17:35
1 Greetings;
2
3 Not sure if this is the right list to ask in, but I figure I'll go ahead
4 and ask anyway.
5
6 At the moment I'm currently on the 13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd profile,
7 and I'd like to enable SELinux. I know that there is a 13.0/selinux
8 profile (as well as the hardened profiles) but I was wondering if
9 there's any documentation (or perhaps someone can offer some guidance)
10 on doing this while maintaining the current profile.
11
12 I've had a look at the SELinux handbook [1], however it only says to
13 perform the migration using the profiles (and the 'selinux' use flag is
14 always marked as "do not do this yourself").
15
16 My concern is that if I were to migrate to the 13.0/selinux profile, I
17 would also loose all of the profile default use flags, masks, etc. that
18 the current profile enables.
19
20 I could go through the time and effort of identifying the changes
21 between the profiles, but that would be a lot of work for only a
22 potential success (I'd probably end up missing something); besides, I
23 don't feel that would be the "right" way to do it.
24
25 Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
26
27 Cheers;
28 wraeth
29