From: "Lamont R. Peterson" <lrp@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy for heimdal with LDAP support
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:37:58
1 On Saturday 28 January 2006 10:29am, Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 12:56 +0100, Mivz wrote:
3 > > I would like some comment on the policy, what can I do better.
4 > > Is this a odd or nonstandard daemon configuration?
5
6 No; it is not odd nor non-standard in any way.
7
8 > > , or could it be
9 > > integrated in the portage tree?
10 > > I would be interested in maintaining this policy my self.
11 >
12 > If heimdal is supposed to work with LDAP,
13
14 Since Kerberos *only* provides authentication and can not provide user
15 information (like the list of groups a user belongs to, the home directory or
16 shell, etc.) then another service which does must be used in conjunction with
17 Kerberos. Almost always (these days), that will be LDAP. This is because
18 LDAP gives the best way to securely manage & provide all this information and
19 can be kerberized itself.
20
21 [snip]
22 --