From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources shrinks Processor Family list
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:02:30
1 On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:45:46PM -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > I noticed the Processor Family list is much smaller in hardened-sources
3 > than in other kernels, even with CONFIG_GRKERNSEC disabled. Is that an
4 > unavoidable side-effect of the patches, or can I enable/disable something
5 > to bring the full list back?
6 >
7 > - Grant
8
9 Hi Grant,
10
11 what exactly do you mean? If I compare hardened sources and latest git
12 (from Linus) I get the same 5 options with an x86_64. It's much less
13 compared to make ARCH=x86 menuconfig but I don't think that that's
14 depending on hardened or not but on a guess by menuconfig (or better the
15 Kconfig stuff) that if I use a 64 bit userland I'll need a 64 bit kernel
16 to support it.
17
18 Hope that helps..
19