From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Compiling kernel with gcc 4.4
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:02:27
1 >> The SSP detection script in the kernel is disabled as it gave problems,
2 >> if I recall correctly. Maybe blueness can provide a better insight.
3 > It is a error in the kernels SSP check for it don't support to compile with
4 > -fPIE and it s fixed in .36 or some of the gentoo-hardened patchset.
5
6 Super - pardon not checking myself, abroad at present, but is that patch
7 obvious in the hardened kernel patchset? Currently building my own
8 kernel with grsec...
9
10 Thanks
11