From: Guillaume Destuynder <kang@g.o>
To: Praise <johnmiller@×××××.it>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Emerging Samba in a RSBAC kernel
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:14:10
1 On 22 oct. 04, at 14:52, Praise wrote:
2
3 > I have a testing system with RSBAC. emerging samba I got this error:
4 >
5 > checking configure summary... ERROR: no seteuid method available
6 >
7 > The cause is obvious: no binary can call seteuid unless specified.
8 > The solution is not obvious to me.
9 > I do not know what is the binary or how to configure portage to
10 > convince that
11 > samba may call seteuid, once configured to do so.
12 > I would not like to have to switch kernel to install stuff.
13 >
14 > Praise
15 >
16 > --
17 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
22 Depending on what you want to do:
23
24 - you use a softmode enabled kernel and do your installs with it.
25 - you can use eg the CAP module to allow setuid for the installation
26 stuff (eg for files: rsbac_fd_menu => CAP => SETUID or AUTH May Setuid
27 On)
28 - allow the role of your sysadmin to have setuid
29 - in kernel CONFIG_RSBAC_FAKE_ROOT_UID, gives back uid = 0 when it
30 checks, even if its not truth :)
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list