From: Darknight <darknight7@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: SSP-Bug patch for qt-4.1.2 !?
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:14:23
1 On Wednesday 07 June 2006 17:53, dnlt0hn5ntzhbqkv51 wrote:
2 > 1. It is indeed using the qt 3 directory; which means 3.3.6.r-1 libraries,
3 > and your patch will then still work!? I -guess- that I copy the "edit"
4 > notes from your bugzilla patch, insert it into a file named
5 > "qt-3.3.6-r1-dirty-ssp.patch"; put that into
6 > /usr/portage/x11-libs/qt/files, and then reemerge qt!? (I just noticed
7 > that my first attempt at this was deleted - I guess by portage - do I have
8 > to put the name of this patch into some sort of manifest?)
9
10 Create a portage overlay (search for documentation on the website) and create
11 a new qt ebuild copying the old one, add the patch file in its files
12 directory, add an epatch line in the ebuild and so on. If the docs are not
13 enough there are many guides in the forum regarding various packages that
14 talk about this.
15
16 > 4. What does "slotted" mean, please? (webopedia and google didn't help
17
18 Gentoo talk, it means that several versions of a package may be installed at
19 the same time.
20
21 Glad to help for once :)
24 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
25 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
26 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
27 V for Vendetta
28 --
29 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list