From: "Machell
To: "'gentoo-hardened@l.g.o'" <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Security updates
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:01:10
1 Hello there,
2
3 We're currently trialling Gentoo to possibly host some of our web-servers. I've used Gentoo for over eight years so I'm leading these trials.
4
5 I've subscribed to this mailing list but also gentoo-server and gentoo-security. I'm trying to keep up to speed with all the latest security news affecting Gentoo, GNU/Linux, Apache and MySQL. Should subscription to these mailing lists be sufficient for this or is there any other place where I should be looking to keep on top of security issues? I'm aware that this and the other two mailing lists are low traffic but I haven't heard a peep since subscribing on Tuesday. Is that normal? I was hoping to go through the archives of previous messages at some point. Are these kept somewhere?
6
7 Many thanks,
8
9 Jonathan Machell
10 University of Cumbria is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England & Wales No. 06033238. Registered Office: University of Cumbria, Fusehill Street, Carlisle, CA1 2HH. Telephone 01228 616234.
11
12 Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.
13
14 Security Warning: Please note that this email has been created in the knowledge that Internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when emailing us.
15
16 Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.