From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] kernel no longer in hardened-development overlay?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:35:56
1 On 20/04/2010 12:57, Darknight wrote:
2 > 2010-04-20 07:14:57 Kai Dietrich
3 >
4 > start applying non trivial patches to a big package like the kernel.
7 All I'm saying is that in general your kernel patches *are* trivial to
8 apply. I know if feels scary, but in general if you are following a
9 patchset then it will be built for a specific kernel release and you
10 simply run patch to incorporate the changes - nothing further...
11
12 In the case of hardened-sources, I *believe* you can repro the effect
13 with something like:
14
15 - wget kernel-source
16 - wget grsec-patch-for-given-kernel
17 - patch -p0 < grsec-patch-for-given-kernel
18
19 Nothing further should be required (that's all I'm doing)
22 However, I'm actually not trying to disuade you from using the ebuilds,
23 just pointing out that it's worth breaking down the "fear" that you
24 couldn't do this yourself if you needed to fairly easily
25
26 Good luck
27
28 Ed W