From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] systemd and gentoo
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:03:02
1 On Thursday 17 May 2012 21:01:00 Tóth Attila wrote:
2 > I've recently come across some articles about the hal - dbus - udev -
3 > consolekit - upower udisks - systemd movement. And there's openrc. A
4 > couple of months before I converted the systems to openrc.
5 > What we should prepare for next? When will it happen? Is it already
6 > happening?
7
8 systemd isn't required, nor are there plans to make it required in Gentoo.
9 openrc is the default and will continue to be so.
10
11 hal is dead
12 -mike