From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Bought an "entropy-key" - very happy
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:41:52
1 OK, so to conclude the previous thread - I bought an entropy key from
2 the nice folks at Simtec via http://entropykey.co.uk
3
4 Short version is you plug it in, install the ekeyd package and even on a
5 hardened installation the entropy pool never deviates from full up...
6
7 Now, at £30 it seems like a bargain for a fancy random number generator,
8 but then I read that the daemon can be switched to pipe the data out in
9 "egd" format and essentially you can have one machine supply high
10 volumes of random numbers for a fair number of networked clients. In my
11 case this solves the problem of how to pipe entropy to some cheap rented
12 servers where we don't get to touch the physical hardware... Very nice
13
14 I have no relationship with the entropy-key guys other than being a
15 happy customer. They seem like a small shop and I think they deserve a
16 plug (and really need to work on their presence via google... Searches
17 on this stuff only turn up $400 alternatives... Sheesh)
18
19 Ed W