From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Crashes after 3.7.0-hardened upgrade
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:36:09
1 On 01/12/2013 06:22 PM, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2 > Regarding the panic also see:
3 > CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_BRUTE kernel config option.
4 > It tries to counteract brute-forcing probes.
5 > In case of process running as a user it kills, if it's running as root it
6 > makes the system panic.
7
8 Oh, so it's just a normal vsftpd segfault and the protection is causing
9 the crash?
10
11 On my personal server I'll just ditch vsftpd. I'm giving free webhosting
12 to a few friends but the price just got raised to "learn SFTP."
13
14 For the other (work) web server, I think our customer is using
15 FileZilla, so it may be as easy as having them flip the dropdown box to
16 "SFTP" on Monday.
17
18 Thanks!