From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Clarification on "Cleaning up the hardened profiles"
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:16:42
1 Just to make things clear (replace $ARCH by your architecture)
2
3 1) We are going to create a test version of the 13.0 base profiles with
4 hardened of the next profiles currently using 10.0. These will also be
5 replaced by the 13.0 version after a testing period.
6 hardened/linux/$ARCH
7 hardened/linux/$ARCH/selinux
8 hardened/linux/$ARCH/no-multilib
9 hardened/linux/$ARCH/no-multilib/selinux
10
11 2) The following profiles are not oficial and we don't want the burden
12 of maintaining them so, unless somebody steps out stating they use them
13 they will be deprecated and removed in two months.
14 hardened/linux/$ARCH/desktop
15 hardened/linux/$ARCH/developer
16 hardened/linux/$ARCH/server
17 hardened/linux/$ARCH/minimal/
18
19 3) Any profile not listed in this e-mail won't be touched for now. This
20 at least covers:
21 hardened/linux/amd64/x32/
22
23 I hope this helps you understand the things happening here If I made any
24 mistake I hereby invoke blueness to correct me.