From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:00:50
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 06:47, Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > That's what I try to do, but as I don't get kernel ebuilds fully, I don't
3 > understand how I can tell ebuild to fetch and apply a patch from the file/
4 > ebuild dir itself.
5 > I don't want the patch to be fetched from Internet.
6
7 The kernel ebuilds use an eclass (kernel-2) that handles most of that
8 patching for them, since they regularly have a large number of
9 well-defined patches. Your best bet is to take one of the existing
10 patch tarballs (e.g. genpatches-2.6.32-1.extras.tar.bz2), unpack it,
11 add your patch to the end (the numeric ordering will be apparent),
12 then re-pack it with an incremented version number ("2") and note that
13 in the ebuild. A more immediate result would be to create an EAPI=2
14 ebuild (which you should be doing anyway), add your patch to
15 ${FILESDIR}, then add an explicit src_prepare to your ebuild like the
16 following:
17
18 src_prepare() {
19 default_src_prepare # do the eclass/ebuild default unpack/patch cycle
20 epatch ${FILESDIR}/my_extra_patch-1.0.patch
21 }
22
23 I'd suggest cutting your teeth on a 'simpler' set of ebuilds before
24 trying to go all out and do a kernel one.