From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] selinux + pty problem
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:22:58
1 G'day all,
2
3 I'm having some problems with selinux and devfs. selinux does not support devfs but without devfs normal users
4 can't start xterms.
5
6 I've tried a number of kernels (all 2.6.4-hardened-r3) with different configurations.
7 All kernels without devfs result in the pty problem:
8 xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
9 Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys
10
11 selinux enabled kernels with devfs result in a large number of "avc: denied .." messages. If I understand correctly
12 the dynamically created devices can't be labelled properly.
13
14 The solution for non-selinux systems is obviously enabling devfs (as mentioned in a number of threads on
15 forums.gentoo), but for selinux creates the other problem.
16 Any ideas on how to have both selinux and the usual use of pty's?
17
18 regards,
19 nixnut
20