From: Kwon <kwon@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: linux-2.6.16-hardened-r11 issues (*.14-*-r8 is o.k.)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:24:16
1 > A few of us were experiencing this same problem..
2 > Many countless hours of frustration and many recompiles of things
3 > in vein.. In the end I noticed that somehow preempt became enabled in my
4 > kernel. I don't recall enabling it or anything...
5 > Anyway disable PREEMPT in your kernel and the problem should go away.
6 >
7 > What we noticed is it only seems to happen to laptop/synaptics users..
8
9 I have the following enabled in my 2.6.16-hardened-r11 kernel:
10
11 CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
12 CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y
13
14 Should the the above be set to OFF? Thanks!
17 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list