From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: source <source@××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] grsecurity: too strict default ACLs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:56:32
1 On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 16:12, source wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I'm new to grsecurity and surpised about 2 things.
5 > First, why starts the init script (/etc/init.d/grsecurity) only the sysctl-stuff and not the ACLs (gradm -E)?
6 > And seconds, why are the default ACLs in gentoo so strict, that a basic system won't shutdown normaly?
7
8 Simple.. I don't feel it's the place of the distribution to enable your
9 policy for you. Gentoo will give you some basic templates to use but for
10 grsecurity to be effective for your needs you need to enable leaning
11 mode on some subjects and develop your own policy that works good for
12 you.
13
14 In addition we want to leave this choice up to you to decide if you even
15 want to use ACL's in the first place and if you do then chances are you
16 will want to add the (gradm -E) in your /etc/init.d/local.start vs the
17 grsec init/conf script handles your sysctl settings.
18
19 > by, source
20 >
21 > --