From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsecurity slows down a web server?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:17:41
1 >> Very close. PAGEEXEC is enabled, but so is SEGMEXEC. My CPU is a
2 >> P4-2.8, and I'm not sure about NX support but these are the flags:
3 >>
4 >> fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
5 >> clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc pebs bts
6 >> pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
7 >
8 > There is no "nx" in your cpuinfo flags. Therefore, your P4 does not
9 > have the hardware NX bit (or XD bit in Intel wording)
10
11 I do have SEGMEXEC enabled though. Should it still be noticeably (but
12 slightly) slower? If so, I suppose the best thing to do would be to
13 upgrade the CPU?
14
15 - Grant