From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Virtualbox-OSE PIE/PIC support
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:00:41
1 On 27/01/2010 06:58, Dariem Pérez Herrera wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm new in this list. Let me introduce myself: my name is Dariem, and
4 > I'm part of a team that is trying to create a distro based on project
5 > Gentoo Hardened. We want to collaborate with you in everything we can.
6 > My first email will be about Virtualbox-OSE. I would like to know if
7 > there is any patch I can use to fix the problem with the inline asm
8 > using ebx register, but if it doesn't exist, I can try to create it
9 > myself and share it with you, I just don't want to duplicate efforts.
10 > Can you tell me what is the status of this issue?
14 Do also look into linux-vservers. I use these in conjunction with
15 hardened gcc-4.4 and it's a good fit for my needs. Isolation is lower
16 than virtualbox, but for many server installations the lower
17 virtualisation overhead may be useful. In my case I have both the host
18 and most of the guests running hardened (on AMD64 host)
19
20 Creating your own profiles turns out to also be an excellent solution to
21 server mainenance - definitely recommend it
22
23 Good luck
24
25 Ed W