From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Which hardened kernel feature disables wine?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:02:37
1 I'm using the grsecurity "Gentoo (workstation)" setting in my hardened
2 kernel, but trying to use wine I get this:
3
4 err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
5 err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
6 err:module:attach_process_dlls "KERNEL32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
7 err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
8 L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" failed, status c0000005
9
10 If I remove grsecurity from the kernel, wine works fine. Does anyone
11 know how to fix this or which grsecurity option I can disable to
12 enable wine?
13
14 - Grant