From: Jason K Larson <gentoo-hardened@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened+selinux failing to emerge grub and/or bin86
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:00:01
1 Update:
2
3 emerge was failing to install anything due to the same errors and when I
4 took a look into the ebuild.sh for the setfiles command I noticed it
5 would only run it if the file had executable permissions. I removed the
6 executable permissions from /usr/sbin/setfiles and while the chown/chgrp
7 still segfault, the packages do seem to compile and install okay now.
8
9 I believe that I can run (as per the docs) a system wide labeling for my
10 chroot environment later and I'm hoping that will be able to correctly
11 set labels as needed for these files.
12
13 Its very puzzling to me how emerge system made it through almost the
14 entire system before throwing this error. That is unless something
15 selinux related or policy related was emerged prior to these packages
16 that caused something unexpected.
17
18 Any suggestions still very much welcomed.
21 Jason K Larson
24 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list