From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Crashes after 3.7.0-hardened upgrade
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:54:55
1 On 01/13/2013 04:16 PM, PaX Team wrote:
2 >
3 > that's a known false positive of the size overflow plugin,
4 > see http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3208&start=15
5 >
6 > once you fix that and you can still reproduce the null deref,
7 > can you email me the corresponding vmlinux along with the oops
8 > please?
11 I'm afraid I won't be able to crash it for about a week. I'm going to be
12 out of the office (modulo emergencies), so I've reverted to
13 3.4.5-hardened for the time being.
14
15 Once I'm back in and able to physically reboot it, I can try the fix and
16 not get crucified if it goes down.