From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Disappearing root on 2.6.36-hardened-r6 upgrade
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:02:48
1 On 26 Dec 2010 at 19:59, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2
3 > I don't know if it is related or not. I don't use ext4 and have no
4 > symptoms of disappearing root. I attach a photo taken using a recent
5 > kernel. The latest crashes I've experienced for the past few months
6 > prevented syncing, so didn't get logged. The other screen capture is
7 > older, may not be relevant nowdays.
8
9 it's a different issue, the UDEREF changes haven't been incorporated into
10 grsec's .32 series yet. looks like some null deref in the filesystem sync
11 code, but i can't tell what may be causing this. is this something you can
12 reproduce at will? if so, can you try vanilla?