From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] overlapped windows in x
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:16:02
2 > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:01:46AM -0600, RB wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:36, "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> That could very well depend on your window manager and GUI of choice.
7 >>> I use Gnome 2.28 with a hardened profile on x86. I don't have the problem
8 >>> you've described.
9 >>>
10 >> Ditto - hardened profile on x86 with XFCE, and no such issue. How
11 >> much memory do you have? I'm running on a relatively low/slow system
12 >> (Celeron 1.4GHz /512MB/Radeon Mobility L6), but it sounds like you've
13 >> got some serious slowdown in one of the major components (memory or
14 >> graphics likely). That said, I _have_ turned off memory scrubbing on
15 >> this particular system due to its relative slowness, but never
16 >> experienced artifacts like you're describing.
19 >> RB
22 > Thank you.
23 > Well, to be more precise, I use the selinux/2007.0/x86/hardened
24 > profile, but I realized that this profile has some issues with selinux,
25 > so it is not working properly. So selinux is in permissive mode.
26 >
27 > I have an AMD Athlon XP 1700, with 512MB RAM and Radeon 7500.
28 > I experience this problem in different wms. Now I use fluxbox.
29 > I also tried with normal gentoo kernel, but it didn't help.
30 >
31 > If you say, that you have no problems, (and I don't think the problem
32 > is with the selinux profile (fixme) ), then I have absolutely no clue
33 > and move this thread to gentoo-user.
34 >
35 I think the problem is on the video driver. I'm using an ATI X1650Pro
36 with the same driver and also experience some odd artifacts, like white
37 going black until I refresh the windows and the likes.
38
39 Anyway they aren't so upseting for me :/