From: dante <dante@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] New Tin Hat release 20080830
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:20:55
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 We have just released Tin Hat 20080830. For those unfamiliar with Tin
4 Hat, it is a linux distribution derived from hardened Gentoo which aims
5 to provide a very secure, stable and fast Desktop environment that lives
6 purely in RAM.
7
8 This release includes bugfixes/updates to keep Tin Hat in sync with
9 Gentoo, including updating the hardened kernel to the latest stable
10 version: 2.6.25-hardened-r4. We've also added support for Bluetooth as
11 well as *some* wireless adaptors --- the realtek rtl8187 works well, but
12 the belkin rt2500usb, rt73usb, rt2x00usb chips do not. Tin Hat now
13 supports RAID, LVM, FUSE and EncFS filesystems. Recall that while Tin
14 Hat runs purely in RAM, it does allow mounting of encrypted hard
15 drives. This support has now been extended to RAID and/or LVM volumes.
16
17 Home page: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
18 Freshmeat: http://freshmeat.net/projects/tinhat
19