From: Krzysztof Nowicki <krissn@××.pl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: RE: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Problems with su on 20120215 policy and latest policycoreutils
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:00:32
1 W dniu 2012-03-10 20:42:07 użytkownik Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> napisał:
2 > On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 07:07:54PM +0100, Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:
3 > > Recently I've upgraded the policy to the latest testing version. I've also had to upgrade policycoreutils (+deps) to the versions from the overlay, since they're required by the policies. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but I noticed a problem with su. Every time I try to use it an error is displayed:
4 > >
5 > > su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info
6 > >
7 > > This message is displayed regardless of the user executing su (even for root/sysadm_r).
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > Hi Krzysztof,
11 >
12 > This should be tackled with selinux-base-policy-2.20120215-r3 (and
13 > selinux-base-2.20120215-r3) and later. Can you check if that is indeed met?
14 >
15 > Iirc, the su domains needed getattr rights on the security_t domain:
16 >
17 > ~# sesearch -s staff_su_t -t security_t -c filesystem -p getattr -A;
18 > Found 1 semantic av rules:
19 > allow staff_su_t security_t : filesystem getattr ;
20 >
21 > Wkr,
22 > Sven Vermeulen
26 Hi Sven,
27
28 Thanks, that helped a lot. I had -r1 previously and since I forgot to update the overlay I didn't see the latest revisions.
29
30 Best regards
31 Chris