From: "Javier Martínez" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Updates: a way too simplified security question I am asking anyway
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:44:29
1 Well, then neither GNU/Linux and OpenBSD are systems for you, since
2 them both are not reliable since both are only a C2 systems by default
3 under the orange book, maybe you should look for a system as CaprOS
4 that reach to the A1 level and with other things has an exokernel
5 (instead of an monolithic kernel as OpenBSD and Linux).
6
7 Sorry but as I said you before, you can't make an OpenBSD trusted
8 since it needs a B1 classification, and the B1 needs Mandatory Access
9 Controls that doesn't exist in OpenBSD, at least in GNU/Linux we could
10 reach to the B1, enough to mark it as "trusted Operating system".
11
12 Conclussion: You will never find an secure from the box Operating
13 system, you will have to work (hard) to assure it under yours needs,
14 and for this you will need and MAC system.
15