From: Javier Juan Martinez Cabezon <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RIP hardened-sources
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:14:44
1 On 29/04/17 18:58, Luis Ressel wrote:
2 > On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 18:52:56 +0200
3 > Javier Juan Martinez Cabezon <tazok.id0@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It's not one PaX alternative as its only one of its features but rsbac
6 >> recently implemented native W or X and seems to work fine
7 >
8 > If you're only looking for userland W^X, SELinux has some support for
9 > that, too (I don't know anything about the internal workings, though).
10 > But grsec/PaX has quite some interesting features beyond that.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 > Luis
17 I think that if Pipacs want to follow his own way, it's his decision and
18 we shall respect it.
19
20 W or X its implemented in selinux and rsbac, nx gets shipped in recent
21 systems, but in those computers that haven't nx it couldn't get emulated
22 without PaX, there are some gcc plugins that emulates some kernel land
23 PaX features as uderef, vanilla brings some ASLR, maybe not perfect o
24 weakier buy maybe hardened gentoo could follow this path and could be
25 coherent with their own way of working, with profiles and specs.