From: donaldi sp <don_aldi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] unable to run xmail
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:02:21
1 Hi all,
2
3 My machine spec : Linux 2.6.7-hardened-r8 #1 SMP Mon Oct 18 09:38:47
4 CEST 2004 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
5
6 I got problem with my xmail mail server (emerge from gentoo), at the
7 beginning I have no problem with my mail server, but in last weekend. I
8 can't run it again.I don't know why, I think I have change nothing in my
9 server. the error show like this :
10 * Starting XMail ...
11 start-stop-daemon: Unable to start /var/MailRoot/bin/XMail: No such file
12 or directory
13
14 it's like chroot-ing problem, but I'm not sure, the daemon doesn't run
15 is the process,
16 I have already try to unmerge then re-emerge xmail, but it doesn't help.
17
18 Have one of you get this problem also?
19
20 any response will be appreciated.
23 Donaldi sp
24 Imagine Software