From: "Jan Dušek" <j.d@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] sshd not working in enforcing mode
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:30:35
1 Hi, I'm new to SELinux. I've a fresh SELinux system and the following
2 problem:
3
4 My sshd works just fine in permissive mode but as soon as I switch to
5 enforcing mode, I can't connect (password failures).
6
7 I've done rlpkg openssh (followed by restarting sshd via run_init).
8
9 In dmesg I have no output related to this.
10
11 In sshd log I have:
12
13 ...
14 Failed password for <my_user> from <my_ip> port 33080 ssh2
15 ...
16
17 Also there is a lot of stuff related to urandom denials in dmesg (as
18 discussed earlier in this list) - according to Joshua's post it should'n
19 cause any trouble with running binaries (as I understand SSP in case of
20 unaviable /dev/urandom just falls into some unsecure scenario).
21
22 I've also tried recompiling openssh with and without SSP but with no
23 success.
24
25 Any suggestions?
26