From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened profile update
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:42:49
2009/9/15 Tom Hendrikx <tom@×××××××××.net>:
> Hi, > > As of today, portage notifies me that my current profile (hardened/x86) > is deprecated, and that "hardened/linux/x86/10.0" is the suggested > replacement. > > A few months ago, there was some traffic on this list regarding > profiles, resulting in the conclusion that "hardened/x86" was to be > preferred above the default as set (by releng?) in the hardened stages: > "hardened/linux/x86", as the latter was not approved or checked by the > hardened project. > > How does the new profile differ from hardened/x86, and is the new > profile tested/approved by the hardened project?
AFAIK the profile was aproved, but you'd better wait for a developer to confirm this. I didn't find many differences, just a few USEs enabled (I remind python, perl and a few more) and the nls USE disabled. Anyway I suppose other people can give you a more detailed explanation. Also, a bug related with ld and the lirc package has been fixed.