From: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] [selinux] empty ntpd.pid
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:06:59
1 Greetings:
2
3 I'm trying to install ntpd on an selinux-enabled gentoo system, and one of
4 the stranger problems I'm having is with /var/run/ntpd.pid. The file is
5 being created with a context of initrc_var_run_t, but the pid is never
6 written to the file. I get an avc denial and a log entry from ntpd about not
7 being able to access the pid file. The ntpd.te policy expects this file to
8 have a context of ntpd_var_run_t. I see that the /etc/init.d/ntpd script
9 creates the empty ntpd.pid because it wants to `chown ntp:ntp` before it
10 starts the daemon, ergo the initrc_var_run_t context. Is this a correct
11 behavior? Solutions?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Richard Simpson