From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Systrace resurrection
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:59:52
1 Hi folks!
2
3 I'd like to announce that Systrace is back in the portage tree, it consists
4 of two packages:
5
6 sys-apps/systrace
7
8 the userspace application that now features a ptrace backend in case the
9 kernel patch is not installed.
10
11 sys-kernel/systrace-sources
12
13 this is standard kernel with our base patchset + systrace patch.
14
15 We are trying to get this in hardened-sources as well, as I said you don't
16 need the kernel patch to try this out, granted that the ptrace backend is
17 much slower and really useful only for testing/debugging purposes, in the
18 long run the patch is the way to go.
19
20 Testing/feedback is appreciated.
21
22 More information here:
23
24 http://www.systrace.org
25 http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/systrace/
26
27 Cheers
30 Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o> .*.
31 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer V
32 ( )
33 PGP-Key 0x864C9B9E http://dev.gentoo.org/~lcars/pubkey.asc ( )
34 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E ^^_^^
35 "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
36 --
37 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list