From: "Christian Schäfer" <caefer@××××××××××.net>
To: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Cc: Hardened Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: Re[4]: [gentoo-hardened] getting started..
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:05:50
1 hi Chris,
2
3 Friday, August 15, 2003, 8:24:28 PM, you wrote:
4 > Well theres two of reiserfsck being sloppy on the getattrs on
5 > /dev/random and /dev/ppp, that I can add into the base policy. It
6 > looks like /tmp is mislabeled by looking at the 3rd-9th denial. Files
7 > shouldn't normally be file_t. Looks like your syslog-ng is logging to
8 > tty12, there is a rule in syslogd.te that can be uncommented for that.
9 > Based on the agetty denials, I would guess that you have the networking
10 > hooks turned on in the kernel config, and you should turn them off.
11
12 what do you mean by hooks?
13 I checked the kernel config at 'networking options' and 'network
14 devices'. neither could be found something to do with 'hooks'..
15 call me stupid, but I don't understand that.. ;-)
18 gruss
19 /Christian mailto:caefer@××××××××××.net
20
21 ---
24 I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:
25
26 :-)
27
28 19-Sep-82 11:44 Scott E Fahlman