From: Alex Efros <powerman@×××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened & ati-drivers
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:25:02
1 Hi!
2
3 Am I right what only way to have TV-out working on my Radeon 9800 Pro is:
4
5 gcc-config 5 && source /etc/profile # switch to vanilla gcc
6 cd /usr/src/linux && make && ... # recompile 2.6.11-hardened-r13
7 # with vanilla gcc (agpgart
8 # should be enabled, dri
9 # disabled)
10 USE="-dlloader -hardened" emerge xorg-x11
11 paxctl -pemrxs /usr/bin/X
12 emerge ati-drivers
13 gcc-config 1
14
15 As far as I understand this way Xorg will not be protected by PaX, PIE
16 and SSP, ati-drivers and kernel will not be protected by PIE and SSP.
17 Everything else, including all other X-clients, will be protected by PaX,
18 PIE and SSP.
19
20 I got TV-out working this way yesterday, but I dislike switching to
21 vanilla-gcc for these three because I must remember to continue
22 switching between hardened/vanilla gcc each time xorg-x11, ati-drivers
23 or kernel will be upgraded/recompiled... :(
26 WBR, Alex.