From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 2.6.28-hardened-r7 hangs before starting /sbin/init
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:06:55
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 12:54:45PM -0600, RB wrote:
4 > PaX. The memory management changes it provides in combination with
5 > the memory management changes introduced in 2.6.28 could well
6 > exacerbate existing issues in a RAM module that weren't being
7 > triggered previously.
8
9 Yeah, that's true. But it's a production server, and it's hard to switch
10 it off for ~6 hours while memtest86 will check RAM.
11
12 Also, nature of this bug make it ease to debug it, because it's happens
13 every time. I'd prefer to find a way to trace PaX code to find out what
14 exactly goes wrong, why it kill process N1. If PaX team provide a patch
15 which add some debugging output for PaX, or something else - to make this
16 investigation possible - I'll be happy to try it.
19 WBR, Alex.