From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Kernel Bug? Weirdness...
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:32:09
1 Hi Michael
2
3 > My appologies if this mailclient wraps Lines in wrong ways.
4
5 Works for me :)
6
7 > To work around the problem, you can disable kernexec.
8 > If uncomfortable with that, and feeling helpful: you can try to comment
9 > the code in arch/i386/kernel/head.S and see what happens (see below).
10 >
11 > But I am not exactly sure of any of this... And above all, I can't
12 > understand why this breaks.
13
14 I'm a little uncomfy turning off CONFIG_PAX_KERNEXEC; but I need the
15 box running today so I guess it can't be helped.
16
17 If you need any more output from me to diagnose why there's an issue,
18 let me know. Machine has passed memtest86+ and all the other
19 diagnostics we can throw at it, so I'm thinking this isn't a
20 hardware-related issue.
21
22 Not seen this one before, but to be honest that's probably because
23 this is the first i686 box I've used in years; everything else is
24 x86_64 :)
25
26 Best Regards,
27 Alex