From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: atoth@××××××××××.hu
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] "How hard" is Linux kernel-side hardening?
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 05:40:39
1 On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 19:30 +0200, atoth@××××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > On Szo, Szeptember 19, 2009 18:13, Marco Venutti wrote:
3
4 > > If I've understood correctly GR-Security could
5 > > be the best choice for desktop and RSBAC the
6 > > best choice for server...isn't it?
7 >
8 > I'm not deeply into RSBAC's magic, but I think the best choice is the tool
9 > you are more experienced in.
10
11 Its pointless to say one solution is better than another in general
12 terms. The first thing you have to know is your security goals. If you
13 don't know your security goals, you can't determine if you are
14 succeeding by using a particular security system.
17 Chris PeBenito
18 <pebenito@g.o>
19 Developer,
20 Hardened Gentoo Linux
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
23 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243